This interview series features twitter accounts in and around the construction industry, a growing population within the Twittersphere. My only disclaimer is that I do not always agree with the advice.
Stats:Twitter Name: @TomVTW Twitter Bio: We are a 23 year old Heavy Timber Frame Company specializing in Commercial Timber Frames or anything out of the ordinary. Company Name: Vermont Timber Works City/State: Springfield, VT Main Website: vermonttimberworks.com Facebook Page: facebook.com/vermonttimberworks Admin Name: Tom Cutler Followers: 1,203 Following:Follower Ratio: 1.06
1. When did you start your twitter account?
I started my account in June of 2010.
2. What was your biggest obstacle in twitter?
I was a little intimidated; I wasn’t really sure what to do. I had been working in the production side of the business for the previous 11 years.
3. How often do you tweet? Do you have a schedule?
I try to tweet every day. I do not have a schedule.
4. What is your recommendation to new people on twitter?
Just be yourself and don’t be afraid to jump into a conversation.
5. What is your favorite hashtag and why.
I typically don’t use them.
6. Did you have a twitter mentor? How did that come about?
I don’t have a Twitter mentor. Most everyone is very helpful and willing to answer any questions you have.
7. Can you recommend a twitter account that we should be following?
I find Linda @i80equipment to be very helpful and interactive.
Don’t be afraid. Jump in and say “Hi.”
More Featured Tweeters