Are you in construction? Do you want to build up your following? Are you looking to connect with the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) community?
You’re in luck!
Joining our weekly Twitter Chat may just be the right thing for you.
Construction Chat is was started May 8, 2014, and is hosted by us on Thursday mornings at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
Check us out on Tagboard!
How to Join a Chat:
1. Follow the hashtag on Twitter (but don’t forget to add #ConstChat manually after your tweet or we won’t see your tweet).
2. Use Hootsuite or TweetDeck and make a column for #ConstChat (but don’t forget to put #ConstChat manually after your tweet).
3. Go to the Twubs page for #ConstChat.
4. My preferred method is using TweetChat. Just go here and log in with your Twitter account. You can even highlight the moderator so you don’t miss questions.
This week’s topic:
This week’s topic is Twitter for Contractors. It’s a passion of mine and I’ve written about it extensively.
Though most Twitter Chat participants are Twitter Zealots, there may be blog subscribers who are holdouts. I have chosen a few of my posts/presentations below that answer most of the questions that come my way include. Sorry. I don’t mean to give homework but if you have lots of strategy or how-do-I-justify-this questions, they may be answered here:
- I was interviewed for this article by E&T Plastics: “How Construction Companies Are Using Social Media “
- Featured Tweeter Interview (September 2011): Yes, I answered my own questions.
- I was interviewed about my “Twitter Success” in this e-book by Deluxe Corp: “7 Steps for Using Twitter for Business“
- Case Study in Customer Service – Twitter Style
- Presentation: You Are What You Tweet
- Presentation: Relationships are the ROI
- Organize Your Twitter Stream: Use Lists
- Take a Chance: Invite a Twitter Follower to Lunch
This week’s questions:
Q1: When did you start your Twitter account?
Q2: What prompted you to start the account?
Q3: What is your strategy?
Q4: Do you connect with parallel industries?
Q5: Do you follow everyone back?
Q6: Have you made the most of lists?
Q7: Have you taken any relationship originated online offline?
Q8: What are some of your Twitter challenges?
Do you have a burning question you’d like answered? Feel free to add it in the comments.
See you at the chat!