This interview series features twitter accounts in and around the construction industry, a growing population within the Twittersphere. My only disclaimer is that I do not always agree with the advice.
Stats:Twitter Name: @GinnyPowell Twitter Bio: It isn’t just 140 characters. It is the first 140 characters of a conversation. Company Name: a-fabco, inc. City/State: Gibsonton, FL Main Website: www.afabxray.com Blog: acrackeddoor.blogspot.com Company LinkedIN Page: linkedin.com/company/a-fabco-inc Admin Name: Ginny Powell LinkedIN Profile: linkedin.com/in/ginnypowell Klout Score: 47 Followers: 1,684 Following:Follower Ratio: 1.17
1. When did you start your twitter account?
I started tweeting September 2, 2008.
2. What was your biggest obstacle in twitter?
In the beginning, the challenge was just trying to figure it out. Now, it’s making sure I take the time to engage.
3. How often do you tweet? Do you have a schedule?
I try to make sure I am on first thing in the morning to say “Good Morning” and then throughout the day, as time allows.
4. What is your recommendation to new people on twitter?
Engage with fellow tweeters in your industry. Take the time to ask, “How are you?” The fastest way to be unfollowed is to only tweet links to your products.
5. What is your favorite hashtag and why?
6. Did you have a twitter mentor? How did that come about?
- Paul Anater | Social Media Training
- Amy Good on Builder Link | Twitter for the Construction Industry
7. Can you recommend a twitter account that we should be following?
Gosh there are several! @bobborson @Paul_Anater @Splintergirl @SLSConstruction @ModernSauce @cupboards @BuilderLink @TALV58 @SaxonHenry @AGWilsonBS @LoriGreeneAHC just to name a few. All are fantastic people that engage and encourage.
I joined Twitter when I was working at home during the beginning downslide of the building industry. I lucked out getting to know some great people (some of whom I listed above). Honestly, being able to communicate with them on a daily basis kept my spirits up. While working for a-fabco these last two years, I continue to be uplifted and encouraged by this great group of people and my Twitter world keeps expanding.
More Featured Tweeters