Construction Chat is a weekly chat on Thursday mornings at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time. If you’re free, we’d love you to join us.
Blogging for Contractors
Today’s chat topic and questions are from Tess Wittler, a regular chat participant, and blogging for contractors expert. Check out her 52 Ideas post.
But first, some of her tips.
- Construction is so visual – photo blogs or vlogs with bullet points.
- I started using http://coschedule.com/ a few weeks ago and love it! CoSchedule has analytics, “drip” posting, and a content calendar all built into it, and is also a WordPress plugin if you want it. CoSchedule – you need to pay for it, BUT totally is worth the cost, IMO.
- I use Trello to gather my blogging ideas. Trello connects with Google Docs (as does CoSchedule) so you always have one place to gather, write and post your blogs. Link to Trello https://trello.com/tour .
- Smart approach is to post a blog article and then “drip” it out to the social media over days.
- This may be “old school” but I use Feedly to gather online pubs/blogs to browse.
- Most people are VISUAL learners.
- Learning preference of visual is why YouTube and photos on Facebook are so effective!
- Re ROI – you can’t always measure tangilble in marketing efforts, but you know what’s working.
- Sometimes we get so focused on sharing WORDS that we forget there are other ways to share content that’s interesting and helpful.
- Can any of you line up a few “guest” blog writers? Perhaps suppliers or others in the company?
Q1. Where do you find topics to write about?
A1. Topics may appear from anywhere. Frequently Asked Questions are good for blogging. #ConstChat
— Window Works CA (@WindowWorksCA) August 13, 2015
@RigginsConst A1: I play off of what I see that's currently popular. #ConstChat
— Milan Jara (@Milan_Jara) August 13, 2015