vocabularyAccording to the Mean’s Illustrated Construction Dictonary, 1st Edition, Copyright 1985, a transom can be defined as:

A glazed or solid panel over a door or window, usually hinged and used for ventilation.  The transom and bar may be removed for passage of large objects.

Although this definition may bring to mind an image of a  stained-glass transom light in a Victorian home, they’re more common than you think.

Below you will find a recent photo of a modern application of a transom from our project for Poly-Tak Protection Systems, Inc.



Want to Know More?

One thought on “Transom

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WordPress Anti Spam by WP-SpamShield